Welcome to the website of Cycle Hereford
We organise cycle rides and events and work for improvements to conditions for cyclists in and around Hereford.
There is now a national campaign with the same objective, Space for Cycling. The web-based campaign, is aimed at demonstrating local authority support for cycling. We encourage all resident cyclists who visit this site to lobby their councillor to support Space for Cycling. And keep posted for developments by visiting our NEWS page and our local Space for Cycling page.
Visit our NEWS page for latest developments.
YOU and CYCLING in HEREFORD — quick online survey
We want to get a better picture of who cycles in the city of Hereford and how to improve conditions in the city for cyclists. This is a very simple, very short and totally anonymous survey — only 10 questions. Please help us to work for cyclists in Hereford by filling in our very short online survey.
- Cycling is the most efficient way to get around for trips under 5 miles
- You can cycle across Hereford in around 25 minutes
- Cycling for 30 minutes a day will help you to keep healthy
- Herefordshire’s glorious countryside is only a 15 minute cycle ride from the city centre
Cycling has a huge range of wider benefits. Cycling…
- is safer than motorised travel for all other road users
- protects the local environment from noise and pollution
- requires a fraction of the space needed by motor vehicles both for moving and storage
- conserves irreplaceable fossil fuel resources
- emits no carbon dioxide, the primary greenhouse gas